Freelance Graphic Designer
Freelance Graphic Designer (Part-Time / Freelance)
Remote—anywhere in the world (we’re based in MTL, but geography holds no limits)
Teakie.com is an online business devoted to solving a problem: To empower people to do work they love.
To do that, we help small businesses, entrepreneurs and creators through our digital studio, marketplace, directory, education and content. We’re also actively involved in developing and marketing innovative digital products such as TeakieCare.
This is an amazing opportunity to work with a growing, progressive, female-run technology company specializing in content creation, business strategy, technology, design and digital marketing.
Our goal is to become a world-leading tech company doing things differently (read more about us here). To support our growth, our focus for 2019 will be to continue to serve our clients, develop our offering, market our platform and nurture our community.
We’re looking for unique members to join our team and to apply their skills, background, portfolio and creative chops to contribute to our fast growing business.
Your role at Teakie will be dynamic and entrepreneurial. Your primary tasks will be to provide support to the company with a focus on graphic design for web, social media and print. You will work directly with the CEO and Creative Director.
You love design, branding and digital media. You have a creative soul and thrive in environments that give you just enough room and structure to do some of your best work. You have a defined aesthetic that you continue to hone and develop. You love being your own boss but also like working in a collaborative, team environment. In fact, you sometimes kind of miss the IRL coffee breaks.
You’re talented. You’re passionate. And you want to be a part of something awesome.
Core Duties / Responsibilities:
- Work with the Creative Director to ensure designs follow our standards, strategy and brand
- Contribute your visual direction, graphic design and personal touch on in-house projects and client work
- Design print, web and social layouts and templates for clients and in-house applications
- Producing on-brand design mock-ups and catalogues
- Pre–flight and prepare files for print
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills (particularly Adobe Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- A keen eye for trends
- Defined design aesthetic
- Good understanding of typography
- Must be able to design for print
- Ability to juggle numerous tasks at once
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Able to use initiative and work independently when required
- Fluent knowledge of written and verbal English (Parlez-vous francais? Un grand atout)
- Contribute to the Teakie community and act as brand ambassador
- Seeking a progressive, virtual team environment
- Illustration skills are bonus
At Teakie, we believe that people do their best work in unique environments.Decide when you work, how you work, so long as your work is delivered on time, and to the best of your capacity. So that we, as a team, can then deliver superior results for our awesome clients. We pride ourselves on excellence, integrity, results and a love for all people. Enjoy a virtual work environment that gives you freedom to create, cool people to collaborate with and exciting projects to bring to life.
Send an email to [email protected] along with why you believe you’re a great fit for our growing team.
We’re always open to meeting New Talent. Even if you’re not sure if this is the right fit, send us an email and let’s chat.
We look forward to hearing from you!